Monday, April 4, 2011

The String


The String

28"x 36"
acrylic/flutted sbs


So, when we were kids, we'd go to visit my father on the East side, he lived in a nice little town out side the city.....  He had a house that had a creek running along the back of the house, it was really more of a water over run to prevent flooding.
 We would explore it and sneak cigarettes and do all the things boys will do when left on their own, at the end of the creek there was a tunnel, the water would flow through, it had a bend in it, so one could not see to the end, to do that you would have to enter.... so we did... with candles.....
When we would get to the bend there was light, and at the end it was squared off and the water would flow until it dropped about 60 feet to the river.

Years later I would have a reoccurring dream... as an adult I was outside the tunnel, there was a girl or woman, I was never sure...... She would see me then run into the tunnel, I could never catch up with her until I reached the squared off end.... and as I would approach she would just stand there....
When I was just about to her, she would jump head first to the river....... I could never stop her or help her

I probably had that dream 9 or 10 times

2 comments:

  1. you have created such a truly astonishing painting, jb. breathtaking. the feeling of going into to something and the furtive quality of searching dreams is pitch perfect. bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura...
    Much thanks!!
    glad to see you back at it!
    jbk

    ReplyDelete